Monday, August 30, 2010

Time of Conviction

http://wallpaper4god.com/download-wallpaper_psalm-4610_1280x960_3472.html
Life had taken me from being on the highest mountain top to feeling like I was in the depths of the ocean, drowning in sorrow.  I went to bed crying and woke up doing the same.  My thoughts were continually on what had happened.  I loved her. Wasn't that enough?  I was angry and confused.  I finally talked to my pastor and explained to him what had happened.  He advised me to just continue to lean on Christ and He would carry me through.  Months passed without  a word from my wife.  Finally, one day she talked to me.  It was not what I wanted to hear.  We began to talk about divorce.  The more I thought about it, the sicker I became of the idea.  I prayed that God's will would be done.  I prayed He would take this situation and use it to honor Him.  Then one day, Candice and I were talking about who would get what.  I told her that I did not want a divorce.  I loved her and would do whatever it took.  She said she did not want a divorce either, but she did not know what she wanted.  I began to cry for joy, while thanking Jesus.  I prayed that "Bring on the Rain" by Mercy Me would come on the radio.  I turned on the radio, AND IT WAS PLAYING! Thank You Jesus!
God had given us a fresh start. We began to date again, and through our conversations I realized how much I had hurt Candice.  God had blessed me with a wonderful wife and I had neglected her and her needs.  I thank God for this time in our lives.  Although it was painful, it saved our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers