Monday, August 30, 2010

On Fire

http://www.1001christianclipart.com/powerpoint-backgrounds/holy-bible
http://www.heartlight.org/gallery/825.html
The freedom from alcoholism was indescribable!  God began to work in my life in amazing ways.  In the past, I would read my Bible but I did not enjoy the little time that I spent in the Word.  Now, not only did I enjoy it but would spend hours reading God's Word.  As I continued to spend time growing closer to God, He began to place a conviction upon my heart that there was something more He wanted for my life.  I talked to my pastor about what was going on, and he told me to wait and that God would reveal it in His own time.  He told me about a class he was going to be taking and asked me if I would join him in the course.  It was a  R.G.Lee class on the Epistles of Paul. So I did! My walk with Christ grew daily and so did the feeling that He may be calling me into the ministry.  The only problem was that I was neglecting my wife.  Candice called one day and said, "I'm leaving and I won't be back."  My world was turned upside down.  Life had thrown me a curve ball and I was not expecting it. What was I to do? Go back to the same old lifestyle? Get mad and get drunk? Or would I trust God?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers