Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Day I Married My Angel

March 4, 2006 was the day Candice, my beautiful bride, and I were joined in marriage.  We were married in Gatlinburg, Tennessee in the front of our chalet.  We stood on a gigantic rock, with just our immediate family members gathering around, as we exchanged our vows.  I wish I could say that before we met, I was a man that was on fire for God.  But that was not the case.  I was a terrible person who God decided to bless with a Godly woman. He used her to change my life.                                                                         

I woke up that morning around seven, and was anxious, so I decided to have a  mixed drink. I also took a xanax to cut the edge.  I continued to drink the rest of the morning in order to "stay relaxed."  The truth is that I had a problem.  I used the excuse of "It's my wedding day and I'll drink if i want." What a way to start a marriage... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers