Sunday, August 29, 2010

Independence Day!

On July 3, 2006, I decided I was going to get drunk! And boy did I get drunk!  The next day, I woke up on the couch, to the sound of my wife packing her bags.  I asked her what she was doing and she said I had told her the night before that if she did not like the fact that I was drinking, that she could pack her bags and leave.  And she was!  As she was packing, I began to somewhat remember the terrible things I had said to her.  Besides being extremely hungover, I had that terrible feeling in your stomach that you have when you know something terrible has happened.  I asked her to sit down and talk to me.  But there was no response.  I was weeping and begging for her to stop packing and to stay.  But the silence continued, along with the packing.  I did not know what else to do but pray!  I prayed with every ounce of faith I could muster up and pleaded with God, just for her to stop and talk to me.  When I opened my eyes, she had stopped packing and told me she just had a feeling that we needed to talk.  That day, was Independence Day for me, because God freed me from the bondage of alcoholism!  For months the enemy attacked and I had nightmares about drinking.  I even lost several friends because I refused to go to parties. I give God all the honor and glory, as He rightfully deserves. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers